Introduction To Me And My Blog
My name is Aaron Jagger and I'm a student of film at Hills Road Sixth Form College. This is my first post on Blogger for my film studies coursework- making our own short film. We can either choose to write a short script and then direct our own short film, with a maximum run-time of 5 minutes, or we can write a longer screenplay, equivalent to 10 minutes run-time, plus a digital storyboard.
In class we have been looking at some set short films and making notes (that will shortly be up on here!), and in my own time I have already begun to look at other short films.
Film has always been present in my life, and has always meant something to me. Particular films have shaped me as a person, connected with me whether on a deeper and more emotive level, or just conceptually, through colour, or genre, or acting. Short film has less of a history with me. I remember those short Disney/Pixar films that would play before a Disney/Pixar feature length, but that was the peak of my exposure to short films for a long time. It wasn't until a couple of years ago, when I started to become interested in documentary shorts through the BBC (BBC 3 in particular) and Youtube (channels such as Vice), that short films began to become of more interest to me.
My favourite feature film genres are arthouse and indie, the more experimental the better, and this has also transpired into short films in recent years. For example, one of my favourite directors is David Lynch- films such as Blue Velvet and Eraserhead stick out to me as what I personally mean by 'experimental'. Recent research into Lynch's short films have also sparked my interest in short film. Lynch's surrealism pin-points what I perhaps look for in short film, and most likely what i'd like to create with my own short film, whether through script or camera.
In class we have been looking at some set short films and making notes (that will shortly be up on here!), and in my own time I have already begun to look at other short films.
Film has always been present in my life, and has always meant something to me. Particular films have shaped me as a person, connected with me whether on a deeper and more emotive level, or just conceptually, through colour, or genre, or acting. Short film has less of a history with me. I remember those short Disney/Pixar films that would play before a Disney/Pixar feature length, but that was the peak of my exposure to short films for a long time. It wasn't until a couple of years ago, when I started to become interested in documentary shorts through the BBC (BBC 3 in particular) and Youtube (channels such as Vice), that short films began to become of more interest to me.
My favourite feature film genres are arthouse and indie, the more experimental the better, and this has also transpired into short films in recent years. For example, one of my favourite directors is David Lynch- films such as Blue Velvet and Eraserhead stick out to me as what I personally mean by 'experimental'. Recent research into Lynch's short films have also sparked my interest in short film. Lynch's surrealism pin-points what I perhaps look for in short film, and most likely what i'd like to create with my own short film, whether through script or camera.

Comments
Post a Comment